Coming Spring 2019!
Click to set custom HTML
Team Entry fee $275 - 4 game guarantee! Or Player Entry fee $50 - Goalie Entry fee - $0
The tournament will take place Saturday, August 4th with possible championship games on August 5th , de-pending on the number of participating teams.
Age Divisions - Divisions will be separated by birth year if possible.
Mite - 2010-11, Squirt - 2009-08, Peewee - 2007-06, Bantam – 2004-05, HS - 2001-2003
Teams will have 1 goalie and 7 skaters. Each team will play 4 games., two 12-minute running time periods
If you are a skater or goalie without a team, we will be keeping a Free Agents list. If we receive at least three skaters and a goalie of a similar age, we will form a Free Agents team in the appropriate age group.
Please call 708-935-1785 or email email@example.com with any questions regarding registration.
3v3 Cross Ice Rules and Regulations
- Each game will have two halves that last 12 minutes each. (There is a running clock during the halves with a 1 minute intermission.) Teams will have a 2 minute warm up prior to each game.
- There are no timeouts.
- Clock will only stop for injuries.
- Round robin games can end in a tie.
- Playoff/elimination games must have a winner. If still tied after regulation, teams will play a 5 minute sudden death overtime. If the game is still tied, a shootout will take place starting with 3 shooters. If still tied after 3 shooters, the shootout goes to sudden death, next team to score (and the other doesn’t) wins.
- All players are required to wear full gear. Any player who does not abide by this rule will not be allowed to compete.
- The teams consist of no more than 9 players: at least 7 skaters and one goaltender.
- Goalies are allowed to play in two age divisions but are not allowed to “double roster” in the same age division. For example, a goalie that is a Squirt by age may play on a Squirt team and Peewee team. However, a Peewee age goalie may not play down with a Squirt team.
- Players are allowed to change on the fly. However, a penalty shot will be awarded if the player on the bench leaves before he is tagged in.
- All players must have a current and valid USA Hockey number
- Age verification required by copy of birth certificate on-site during tournament dates. Failure to have proof of age may result in disqualification from tournament games.
- NO CHECKING - NO SLAPSHOTS
- There is one official per game.
- Penalties result in a penalty shot.
- Fighting will not be tolerated. All fights are an automatic tournament ejection for the entire team.
- The cross ice game will be divided into two end zones. The center ice line will serve as the “checkup line” after goals. After a goal, all players are required to check up before they can attack the opposition. The team that is scored on is expected to pull the puck out and start playing while the other team checks up.
- The nets will be placed about five feet off the boards so the players are allowed to utilize the space behind the net.
Tiebreaks after Round Robin play
- Comparison of game results between tied teams (head to head)
- Goals against
- Goal differential
- Coin toss